Friday, August 19, 2011

Word Collage

I wanted to try out the Word Collage Project cartridge tonight, so I decided to use the Sugar & Spice collage.  I used DCWV Baby Girl paper stack and the background paper is SU not sure of the colour off hand. 
Well it was certainly time consuming glue everything down.  What I did was when I had finished cutting it out and weeding the extra paper, I left all of the letters on the Cricut mat.  This was cut using Fit To Page, which was 11".  I then laid the scrap paper that I had removed from the mat on top of my background paper as a template.  I then took each letter and added my adhesive and placed it back into the spot where it had come from.  This made sure that everything was in the right place and was evenly spaced and straight.  I think it turned out pretty good but would definitely be so much easier with vinyl.  Just for a little embellishment I added two cuts from the Nursery Tails Imagine cartridge in the corners.  I will probably put this in a frame.

Have you got this cartridge?  What have you made with it?


Posted by Picasa
Thanks for stopping by.

Kerry~Momma K

5 comments:

Composures said...

Thats really cute! I've never even heard of that cartridge!

-Constance
composetherabbithole.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Cute. This cartridge is new to me. I had never heard of it. Sounds very time consuming.

JulieK said...

This is really cute! It would definitely be easier with vinyl- you must be a very patient person :)

Tara said...

I don't have this cartridge yet but after seeing this it has been added to my wish list! How cute would this be in a little girl's room?! Awesome tips on how to keep everything lined up too!
Tara

Lori Comeau said...

Hi,
I like to pass on a Blog Award to you. Just pop over to my blog and claim it. http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/