Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Purple Funtastick Creations Guest Designer

I am so excited to be a guest designer today for Kari over a http://purplefuntastickcreations.blogspot.com/ .  Thank you Kari!  The theme's that I was given to chose from were Back to School or End of Summer.  As my daughter is 28yrs old, I chose End of Summer and I did a layout of a Road Trip my daughter and I took last weekend. 

My daughter Amanda and I went to my Dad and Step-Mom's for the weekend.  They live in Windsor, Ontario which is across the border from Detroit, MI so we had to cross the border and do a little bit of shopping.  We had a great relaxing weekend and picked up some great deals.

For my layout I used the Summer Vacation Solutions Cartridge and my gypsy.  I welded together 3 copies of the road and laid it out on a 12 x 24 mat using 2 12 x 12 pieces of black SU cardstock so that it would layout on the two pages and split perfectly down the middle.  I also laid out where I wanted the city names to go on the same gypsy layout.  The car and Road Trip are also from the same cartridge and the paper is from SU.  The mats are cut from the Martha Stewart Travel paper pack.
For the journal mat I used a stamp from the My Journaling stamp set by  http://www.creativetimeforme.com/ stamped with Tuxedo Black ink by Momento and cut out using the small classic oval die from Spellbinders as well as the small classic scalloped oval die.
To add a bit of embellishment I used my glitter pen on the city names and my white gelly roll pen for some doodling. 



I hope that you enjoyed my post and make sure to stop by http://purplefuntastickcreations.blogspot.com/ and give Kari some love.

Kerry~Momma K

5 comments:

girlia said...

Great job. I love this road trip LO

L.B. said...

fun trip! Cute layout

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Fun lay-out!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Scrapbooking Ideas said...

I bet you had a great trip coz the design is superb! I love matching blue and black. Just perfect!

Tara said...

Excellent layout! Love the road!
Tara