Monday, August 30, 2010

The Canadian Paper Trail

It seems that Jess over at The Canadian Paper Trail has had a flood at her home and has been unable to post today. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I am featured today at http://thecanadianpapertrail.blogspot.com/ . Each day a Canadian craft blog is featured. Tomorrow is my daughter Amanda http://bellascraftycreations.blogspot.com/ . The theme is Back to School or End of Summer.


I decided to try something I have been wanting to try for some time and that is vinyl. As I don't have children in school I thought about the older student or teacher with a laptop and I decorated my daughters laptop.


First I laid everything out on Design Studio so I could figure out how much vinyl I needed without wasting it. All cuts were cut at either 2" or 2 1/2". The blade was set at 4 so it would cut the vinyl but not the backing. The pressure and speed were set at medium. I used transfer tape for the "Inspire" cut and placed it over the piece of vinyl and rubbed it. Just the cut stuck to the transfer tape when I pulled it up. For the other cuts I just peeled them off the sheet and stuck them on the laptop, just be careful because it is very easy for it to stick to itself.
















The cuts that I used are Inspire from Home Accents, the nightie from Sweethearts, the shoes from Wedding solutions cart(I cut 2 shoes, 1 was flipped using DS), the popsicle from Doodlecharms and the cupcake from Home Decor.


The flower and the hearts are cut using SU punches.













8 comments:

Donna Henley said...

Awww,this is so cute - you're a great mom!

*Star said...

That is awesome! I absolutely love the shoes!!
Tfs and have a great day. :)

Unknown said...

Love this idea. You've "inspired" me to decorate my laptop now.

Carol Ric said...

Congrats! Excellent idea! TFS!

JennyKozar said...

Love it - I too want to try vinyl but for some reason am so intimidated by it.

TFS!!

Jenny Kozar

Beebeebabs said...

Wow Kerry you did a awesome job. I have vinyl but have not tried it yet - you inspired me to give it a try thanks for sharing

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Very fun idea!

Tara said...

I think this is an excellent way to personalize those otherwise boring laptops! Thanks for the inspiration!
Tara