Monday, November 1, 2010

Throwback Thursday Christmas Theme

This weeks challenge over at Emma's blog http://www.creativetimeforme.com/ is to make a Christmas themed project using the Celebrations cartridge. I don't have that cartridge so I used Joys of the Season for the Santa hat, which is cut at 3 1/2". I used liquid applique to look like fur on the hat. I love the was it works, you just apply it and heat it with you heat gun and it puffs up.

**I have been receiving some comments about the Liquid Applique. I bought it from http://www.customcrops.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=liquid+applique&submit.x=22&submit.y=15 . They have it in 12 colours.*****
Supplies:
Paper: Crumb Cake, Real Red, Whisper White (SU), Holiday Collection-The Christmas Stack (DCWV)
Ink: White Uni-ball pen (Signo)
Embellishments: Buttons, Gems (Recollections), Liquid Applique (Marvy)

8 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So neat! That is going on my shopping list!

mirs cricut creations said...

this is really nice i love what you did with the white part ,how did you did it to make look like that?

Adrian said...

That is so cute! I the white stuff, how did u do that?

Georgiana said...

How cool is that?!?! I love it!

Georgiana

Norma said...

Love the hat and the liquid applique!!!! Super cute. Where did you buy the liquid applique? I'm now your newest follower YAY!!!!
Hugs,
Norma

Debbie said...

very nice love the white fur look thanks for the tip where to get it I will have to order this Debbie

My Creative Time said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THAT SANTA HAT!!!! IT'S SOOOOO CUTE!!! I HOPE I HAVE THIS CART!! GREAT JOB W/THE CHALLENGE MY FRIEND!
BIG GYPSY HUGS,
EMMA;)

KellyJo'sKreations said...

LOVE this!!! Thanks for sharing....Now it's on my list of things I "NEED"