Saturday, March 24, 2012

9 Months til Christmas Blog Hop

If you came from http://carsonscricutcreations.blogspot.com/ then you are in the right place.  If you just happened to stop by my blog and would like to hop with us (a nice short blog hop, only 5 of us) you can start at the beginning at http://sharispinkpalace.blogspot.com.
I am happy to join a great group of ladies to get ready for Christmas. I know it is only March but if you are like us Christmas is upon us before you know it and with everything we are trying to get done becomes overwhelming.  Heather and her BFF Shari started this last month and a few of us decided to play along.  We are going to easing the stress by making 2 cards each month until Christmas, so when Christmas is here we are ready to just write out our cards and put them in the mail.
Our plan is to make one card using stamps(rubber or digi) and colour with Copics and the second one using a Cricut (or other electronic die cutting machine).

For my first card I used my Copics to colour a stamp from The Greeting Farm, this is one of the images from Rain Snow Shine.  She is of course Snow.

 Supplies:
Paper:  Bermuda Bay cs (SU), Jolly & Bright (Recollections), White (Gina K Designs)
Dies:  Large Classic Oval, Large Classic Scalloped Oval (Spellbinders)
Stamps: Rain Snow Shine (The Greeting Farm), Christmas Wishes (My Pink Stamper)
Ink: Broken China (Tim Holtz Distress Ink), Tuxedo Black (Momento), White and Clear Star pens(Gelly Roll
Copics: W3, BG10, BG15, BG18, BG53, B00, E00, E000, Y11, Y13, Y15

For my second card I used the Jolly Holidays Lite cartridge for the cute bird in the Santa hat.  Of course I added some sparkle using Stickles.

Supplies:
Paper: Cherry Cobbler (SU), White (Georgia Pacific), and scraps.
Christmas Cuttlebug folder (not sure of name)
Stamps: Christmas Wishes (My Pink Stamper)
Cartridge:  Jolly Holidays Lite
Embellishments: Xmas Red and Gold Stickles, Liquid Applique, White Gelly Roll pen, White Liquid Pearls
Thanks for stopping by.  I am the final stop on the hop for this month.  We will be back again next month.

SHARI - http://sharispinkpalace.blogspot.com
HEATHER - http://princesspaperprojects.blogspot.com/ 
MARY - http://maryshappyplace.blogspot.com/
GEORGIANA - http://carsonscricutcreations.blogspot.com/
KERRY - http://mommakcrafts.blogspot.com/
 
Kerry~Momma K

6 comments:

Georgiana said...

Cute cards. We were thinking alike since we both selected the bird. : )

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Heather said...

Kerry, thanks so much for joining us on our little Christmas venture. Great cards and now you have at least 2 ready :) Hugs!!!

Shari said...

Kerry, so glad that you could join our little hop and maybe by December you will have 18 cards ready to go =) I love your cards! Your colouring on TGF stamp is wonderful and the colours are perfect! I guess a few of us decided to use the Jolly Holidays cartridge but everyone's are soooo different! I love the sparkles on the bird - great job. Hope you can join us again next month.

Mary said...

Kerry, I love your cards. I really like The Greeting Farm stamps and have this stamp myself and the sparkle on the bird is perfect. Great job!

Janis Lewis said...

Both of your cards are great! Love the blue card with the oval image matting and the scallops. So soft and pretty. And of course I LOVE the birdie card too! I love birdies! :) Janis

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great cards! Looking forward to next month!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com